Safely Connect to the Ridge Pole with The New RIDGEPRO™
Climbing onto steep roofs and anchoring to the ridge pole usually requires a roof ridge hook and an extra ladder. Hoisting that ladder onto the roof and pushing it into place is cumbersome and may lead to unsafe working conditions. What if there was a better steep roof assist tool? One that is lightweight, meets OSHA standards to 5000+ pounds and gets you to the ridge pole faster? Now there is: Meet The RIDGEPRO™™ adjustable roof peak anchor! It easily locks onto the ridge pole of most residential structures and provides a tie-off for all-day safety. The perfect solution for professional roofers and homeowners alike. But how does it work?
We made The RIDGEPRO™ roof safety systems easy to use for anyone. After all, safety is our #1 concern! Always wear a safety vest with a harness and lifeline for fall protection. Follow these steps and you can't go wrong:
- Check the roof pitch with a pitch and slope locator, one of the most valuable roofing accessories to have on hand.
- Match that to the number on The RIDGEPRO™ and lock it in place.
- Screw in the 16' extension pole and lock it in with a pin.
- Attach your lanyard to the pre-installed shackle.
- Hang The RIDGEPRO™ temporarily from the gutter or ladder at roof level.
- Climb the ladder until your belt is even with The RIDGEPRO™.
- With the wheels of The RIDGEPRO™ on the roof, push it using the extension pole until it reaches the ridge pole — also called the peak.
- Using the extension pole, flip The RIDGEPRO™ over until it straddles the ridge.
- Tug firmly on the lanyard to lock it into place.
- Safely transition to the roof using a lanyard slide-lock.
- Screw in four 3/8" lag screws to mount it for safe use as a tie-off.
It's that simple. To remove The RIDGEPRO™, remove the screws — being sure to fill the screw holes with a roofing sealant — before carefully descending the roof surface. Once back on your ladder, twist the extension pole to flip The RIDGEPRO™ back onto its wheels and collapse the pole so it rolls down the roof. Hang it on the gutter and safely descend down the ladder. After one try, you'll understand how The RIDGEPRO™ has revolutionized the concept of a ridge hook.