Pry and slide gauge Combo! This 3 tool set includes
- 1 – SideBar Inspection Tool
- 1 – Haag 4/09 Shingle Gauge
- 1 – Haag 1/12 Shingle Gauge
- Checking & verifying the layers of a roof
- Lifting and separating shingles (saves damage to hands & shingle) to verify warranty Levels / shingle type when using shingle gauge.
- Ergonomic and exact angle to tirelessly remove most profiles of vinyl siding – Seam OR Seamless.
- Large nail head remover for roofing and siding nail heads.
- Removing Siding or Roofing Samples when sending to a 3rd party verifier such as ITEL
- Making Roofing or Siding repairs
- High-strength, forged steel construction.
- Protective durable enamel finish resists rust & corrosion
The 4/09 Shingle Gauge measures the thickness of a shingle, and based on analyses made by Haag, correlates that thickness to a warranty level. Knowing a warranty level can be important in determining what a comparable replacement shingle might be. While the Shingle Gauge was designed with the strictest analytical tolerances possible, we still consider it an estimating tool due to a small number of shingles which do not conform to the gauge. Haag created the 4/09 Shingle Gauge by testing asphalt-based composition shingles.
The 1/12 Shingle Gauge does include use on Laminated Shingles. In early 2011, most asphalt shingle manufacturers introduced “lifetime” limited warranties for their products. Haag measured 76 models of “lifetime” shingles from every U.S. manufacturer in order to establish a warranty level. The testing concluded that laminated shingles could not be separated by thickness into warranty categories as the thicknesses of new “lifetime” warrantied shingles varied dramatically. Lacking a strong distinction between warranty level as it correlates to shingle thickness, Haag could not create an updated Shingle Gauge to include Laminated Shingles. The 1/12 Shingle Gauge measures the thickness of 3-Tab shingles based on analyses made by Haag, as it correlates to shingle thickness into a warranty range.